Sometimes implants are costly and may not be the best option for our clients. We offer full upper and lower dentures as well as upper and lower partials. We want our clients to understand that dentures are not a replacement for teeth they are a replacement for no teeth. Dentures and partials still need care just like regular teeth do. We recommend they be taken out every night and brushed. If left in 24/7, you are likely to get an infection on your gum tissue.
Here are some things you should know about dentures and partials:
- Made when there are no natural teeth remaining.
- Removable and covers a complete arch. Some clients may have an upper denture, lower denture, or both.
- The upper denture relies on suction to stay in whereas the lower does not. Most patients may have more trouble keeping in a lower denture than an upper denture because bone resorption occurs quicker on the lower arch.
- Generally, complete upper or lower dentures will last about 10-15 years before needing to get remade due to bone resorption.
It will take time getting used to wearing complete dentures.
- Removable and makes up the spaces of missing teeth.
- Can be made with all acrylic (temporary) or metal base (more permanent)
- Usually relies on the adjacent teeth for anchorage with metal clasps
As long as you maintain the anchor teeth, you partial can last for long periods of time.
Dr. Suljic is here to answer any questions you may have about dentures and partials. His mom is a dental laboratory technician and has over 30 years of experience making removable dentures. They have worked together on multiple cases over the years and know the intricate details on making a denture or partial.
OUR DENTAL OFFICE
IN GRIMES IS OPEN
8AM - 5PM
Dr. Suljic is here to answer any questions you may have about dentures and partials. His mom is a dental laboratory technician and has over 30 years of experience making removable dentures.